This is really the most incredible weight lost story I’ve ever heard

I lost 401 pounds without surgery or pills. All Carb cycling Baby! Working on adding muscle, tryin to gain weight, I know WTF!

Meet David Smith, he was 630 lbs (2003).

And now weights 229 lbs (2007).

This is his story:

I used to weigh 630 pounds. I have been overweight all my life. I was close to death. I was written off by everyone, even myself. All of a sudden I woke up it seemed from my dispair and I relized feeling sorry about my life wasn’t going to solve my problems. I decided to change my existance. I weigh 229 now, I lost 401 pounds but I have excess skin. I wear a Large shirt and I can fit in a 34 waist. WEIGHTLOSS IS DONE! When I first started loseing it was hard, I could only walk 500ft. I can now walk for days. I had problems doing everything, but I percievered over every obsticale. People used to laugh in my face, take pictures, and other degrading stuff. Now its another story getting buff, and so on. All within 3 years of starting. Crazy part is that Im only half done! I want to be around 230 solid cut up when done. I need surgery to remove excess skin, all my surgeries have been recorded for TV and will probally air next year. I have had 2 surgeries so far. One on Dec 7th and one on Feb 28th. These two surgeries removed 22.5 pounds of skin. The average person has 7 to 8 pounds of skin. My upper body is almost done I just need one more surgery. My lower body needs a inner thigh lift as well. If anyone wants to know how I did it check out Staxsystem.com

July 2003 – 630 lbs

december 2006 – 270 lbs The challenge with extra skin. The struggle is not over yet.

2007 – 229 lbs – After the first surgery – skin removal – 16 pounds of stomach removed.

2007 – 220 lbs – After two operation. He looks awesome!

More pictures after/before surgery:

skin pic old 15lbs lighter more tone feb 06

Kinda new stomach

8 weeks outa surgery

Skin removal Surgery

me at 229 was 630

skin pic old 15lbs lighter more tone feb 06

Surgery 2-28-07

10-10-06

Congratulations David! You did an amazing change in your life and you are an inspiration for many unhappy souls out there.

Other links :
David’s Myspace Page – where you can leave him a message for his great effort!
His profile on bodyspace.bodybuilding.com
Meet Jessica 7 years – 222 kilos – 500 pounds

Digg This

Posted under

This post was written by bullets on June 15, 2007

89 Comments so far

1. Steve June 16, 2007 9:31 pm

Good job, man ! Better hope you don’t gain it back.

2. Carol June 17, 2007 11:58 pm

I cannot believe commercials are replacing telling real news in this country.

3. ken June 18, 2007 12:01 am

I had a cousin who died from complications of obesity a little over a year ago. He was 31 & weighed approx. 600 pounds. His body just shut down on him. I wanted to take the time to say that you are in inspiration for those out there who think they are trapped or that there is no hope or help- thank you for sharing your very personal journey.

I feel you are a brave individual and I wish you the best.

4. stray dawg June 18, 2007 5:01 am

Hey. Late at night, ran across this. So, from some random guy in some random place: congratulations. Keep it up. Don’t be afraid to reward yourself for the things you do right, and don’t be afraid to forgive yourself for the things you do wrong. I’m really impressed with what you’ve done.

5. Dak June 18, 2007 5:03 am

It would be awesome if you could use a compressed air canister to inflate your remaining flappy skin. It would be a great party trick.

6. Rick June 18, 2007 5:06 am

Hardcore, man. What kinds of improvements in your general lifestyle and sense of well being has this brought about?

7. Jim June 18, 2007 7:01 am

Damn man nice job. Maybe you and your bud can start a family now. Congrats.

8. stef June 18, 2007 9:20 am

Great job :)

i’m sure it’ll give a lot of motivation to someone with a similar problem.

9. AG June 18, 2007 11:16 am

Godd job man.

10. sam June 18, 2007 12:32 pm

Great job!
    Stick with your new routine!!!

11. holly June 18, 2007 3:06 pm

you rock !!!

12. Mikey June 18, 2007 3:20 pm

I truly hope that you use this opportunity to help others. I dont think you would go through this and not think of the impact you could have on individuals that need inspiration and guidance in this area.
    Good luck and god bless.

13. Bryan June 18, 2007 5:35 pm

David,
    Your truly amazing,
    I have always been fit my whole life, started when I was 11, I am 33 now, but I can only imagine the courage, and the strength that you have to undergo this transformation.

Good Luck with your new life, and I am glad to hear your going to pay it forward. The reward of this is endless.

Bryan

14. Kevin June 18, 2007 6:46 pm

Way to go man!

15. Rebekka from iceland June 18, 2007 9:39 pm

hey David I think you are great :) good job and keep up the good work
    best regards
    Rebekka from Iceland

16. HK June 18, 2007 11:52 pm

David,

From looking at the pictures alone, I can see a major transformation. Not just with your outward appearance but also the look in your face in the after pics, you seem to show a lot of confidence and hope. With that said, with your “new” body, I hope you always retain a humble attitude, “Don’t get cocky kid”, guess where thats from :).

I wish good fortune to you!

17. Jesper June 19, 2007 12:27 pm

I am all respect for you. There’s nothing else that can be said.
    Respect, all the way.

18. Elizabeth June 19, 2007 6:36 pm

So awesome! You are an amazing person to have accomplished what you have. I hope you are enjoying yourself on your amazing journey!!!

19. Peter June 19, 2007 8:53 pm

Hey guy! That’s amazing!! You are an example for everyone who wants to lose weight!! How does it feel when you see again your dick? ;oP

20. Vesti June 19, 2007 9:23 pm

lulz

21. guille June 19, 2007 10:27 pm

Madre mia, yo nose como preferiria estar, con los pellejos o con la barriga… nose lo q es peor, encima ahora con toda la cicatriz por el cuerpo… vaya tela colega…

22. Adrian June 20, 2007 12:38 am

Way to go, man. Honestly. Four thumbs up, hat off, 90 degree bow and d’Artagnan-style reverence.
    Are you gonna go for the Guiness, or rather show people how, despite being difficult, it’s something that everyone with obesity problems can (and should) do?
    One thing is for sure, you are the first person to prove that this is possible! After the American continent was discovered, everyone said that it wasn’t such a big achievement, after all you just had to get some boats and sail the Ocean Sea (old name of the Atlantic). But they omitted that until the discovery, everyone was dead scared to fall off the edge of the world and of the monsters that supposedly lived there. It took a guy with the balls to overcome any difficulty to do the trip and find the darn continent.
    So there you go, you’re the Christopher Colombus of recovery from obesity!
    Long and healthy life, and a well-deserved sponsorship to you!

23. Bodybuilding Nutrition and Fitness June 20, 2007 2:31 am

That’s an incredible story and transformation. Good for you in turning around your life and getting a new, healthier start!

24. lou-bi-wan June 20, 2007 8:54 am

Thank you for sharing, you are an inspiration. You’ve proved that there is a way out after hitting rock bottom, all you have to do is decide to do it! Wishing you a happy future. x

25. Joris June 20, 2007 9:27 am

Respect!

26. Rizlario June 20, 2007 11:13 am

K puto asco de personaje.

27. dede June 20, 2007 1:33 pm

increible, admirable

28. Gilipoyas June 20, 2007 2:42 pm

Faltaba el tipico Gilipoyas k dijera akello de ….. FAKE ! xD

29. Noemí June 20, 2007 2:47 pm

bravo, bravo!!

estoy muy impresionada, te admiro mucho, debe de haberte costado mucho esfuerzo,lo malo es la piel que cuelga pero ahora debes de estar mas sano y eso es lo que importa la salud…

muchos animos desde españa y olé tu resultado.

30. Nelson Roque June 20, 2007 5:04 pm

Pana te felicito., de verdad que es algo impresionante!! la fuerza de voluntad que tienes es grande., engo un cuñado que se llama guillermo que tal vez haga lo mismo ya que tambien pesa como 180 kilos. De verdad Felicitaciones

31. jony June 20, 2007 5:45 pm

you´re crazy my friend!!!!!

32. Ori June 20, 2007 8:28 pm

Well done be allways very proud of your background it makes you speciall bien hecho !!!

33. Pablo Salmerón June 20, 2007 8:47 pm

Brave! Amazing!!

34. ALLAH June 20, 2007 9:17 pm

FAKE

35. the more you know June 21, 2007 2:56 am

disgusting. all you fatasses should kill yourselves. solves the problem quicker.

36. steven June 21, 2007 2:20 pm

thats fucken discusting u looked better as a tub of lard im gonna call u elasto boy hahaha i could use u as my rubber band on my sling shot. haha stretchy dick boy cant get it up go eat some fucken pizza and go back to been a tub of lard!!!!!!!!!!!! .

37. Pyotr June 21, 2007 8:42 pm

Superb exercise in willpower. Respect & have a great (new) life.

38. Gunnar June 22, 2007 9:04 am

Awesome. My best goes out to you. You are an inspiration to millions.

39. coreho June 22, 2007 9:41 am

y con la grasa que le kitaron tienen pa abastecer de jabón a Rumanía durante un año..

40. Carlos Ochoa June 22, 2007 11:32 am

Felicitaciones, gran paso que distes, exito

41. patricia June 22, 2007 3:09 pm

hi david!!

i´m from brazil. sorry my poor english. i also make the cirurgie like you. Congratulations for your sucess and corage! Kisses

42. Michelle June 26, 2007 11:26 pm

Congrats! You have worked hard to achieve this much progress & you are almost there. Keep
    it up. Nevermind worrying about what all the negative people have to say. You have plenty of
    people who are cheering for you!

43. Prophet June 28, 2007 10:07 pm

alucinante

44. Pablo Colla July 4, 2007 12:46 pm

Oh My God, I would have shot myself way before doing all of it.

45. gw July 6, 2007 2:27 pm

Thats Phat!

46. Lennart July 9, 2007 1:02 pm

All he did, was eating Kellogs K-Special for 2 weeks.

47. Daniel Antal July 9, 2007 2:30 pm

Man, you are amazing! Keep up the good work!

48. Mats July 14, 2007 2:30 am

Damn thats impressive! I’m a (weigth)looser myself, I started out at 485lbs and currently
    I weigh in at 309. I can only applaud you in your great work, even though Im noway near your
    numbers, I know what it’s all about and how hard it can be at times.

I’m thinking about skin removal surgery myself when I’ve lost a few more pounds, It’s kind
    of “flabbery” allready and my guesses are that it wount get any better when I lose
    the rest of my excessive fat.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for the inspiration, the scales havent been
    shifting the right way for me lately, but now it’s time to change that.

Btw, there’s a swedish saying, dunno If it’s used in english/american, I’ll try to translate::
    “I’m fat, your stupid, I could go on a diet…”

Peace

49. belavan July 25, 2007 1:16 pm

man, that sucks! i’ve never seen that thing in my life!!!

50. pmfg July 26, 2007 10:16 pm

how did u get that fat in the first place?!?! u play wow? =D

51. nm July 28, 2007 3:08 pm

eres tonto

52. robert July 30, 2007 6:47 pm

hola espero estes bien vi tus fotos son increibles pero espero que te encuentres bien que tengas saluderes joven sigue adelante te escribo de la ciudad de mexico

53. Brad September 10, 2007 10:38 pm

I can’t believe people are saying disrespectful things and think they are funny. It takes
    an enormous amount of strength to do what you did. I am amazed at what you did for yourself.
    I think you are going to go far. I hope and pray that you commit to keeping it off long
    term that is the hard part. I lost 139 pounds before and gained it all back. You have
    to stick with your regimen so you don’t go back to putting it back no. I wish you the
    very best of luck. You should be so proud of yourself. Keep up the good work. Also
    I want to say thank you for putting up the pictures and videos of your progress. It is
    truly amazing. I suffer from morbid obesity myself and understand what it does to a person.
    I just hope that I can take it off and keep it off once again.

54. marco garcia October 7, 2007 12:19 am

Congratulations, im lost 30 kilograms in one year .But you are the best .

55. Ekliptico October 10, 2007 12:54 pm

QUÉ CRACK, ENHORABUENA POR TU PERDIDA DE PESO!

56. grey dawn November 29, 2007 5:38 pm
  57. FAT BUSTER December 2, 2007 6:25 pm

JOJOJOJOJOJO,fat never more. congratulation maldito gordo. seguramente sos la inspiracion de muchas almas torturadas bajo una capa de grasa.

58. Tera December 21, 2007 1:06 pm

I Just wanted to say this is truely an Amazing story. Don’t Listen to the people who put you down, that is amazing. You are a true inspiration to people every where that shows you can do anything when you put your mind to it. Conggrat’s and i wish you a safe happy and healthy year to come. i also hope all goes well with your surgerys.
    yours truley, Tera

59. katherine January 26, 2008 5:45 pm

hola yo soy de santa cruz bolivia y cuando vi las imagenes me quede sorprendida por q he visto varios casos de sobrepeso y el tuyo es muy sorprendente me alegro por ti sigue adelante … muy bueno tu esfuerzo ..

60. Alex February 6, 2008 9:32 pm

Oh man, what a job… I can’t believe it… Jesus Christ…
    It is incredible…
    Congratulations.

61. Help with skin February 13, 2008 7:20 pm

David did an amazing thing when he lost all of that weight. Unfortunatley, losing so much weight does leave you with an incredible amount of excess skin. David still felt obese because of that skin. I know the doctor that did all of David’s skin removal. He did a great job and really there are only a few surgeons that specialize in this area. You can check it out at drmazaheri.com

62. Anonymous February 26, 2008 10:07 am

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! YOU’RE FUCKING AMAZING! Most people don’t even have the dedication to go on weight loss programs or the courage to go under the knife. You’re an epic hero. ROCK ON DAVID.

63. Minerva and Alejandra (sisters) March 10, 2008 7:28 pm

You look very handsome! We are very proud of you! You make and amazing job, we know for our own experience that it’s fucking difficult…

64. alisha April 16, 2008 9:20 pm

Good work,nothing more important than good health and a good life style.

65. Francine August 3, 2008 9:20 am

Wow, that was amazing! Keep up the good work, you look hot!

66. melissa August 4, 2008 4:34 am

WOW! YOU LOOK SO GOOD IAM SOOOO PROUD OF YOU! I WAS ALWAYS SKINNY ALL MOST OF MY LIFE BUT TILL ABOUT 3YRS AGO I HAD MY 2ND CHILD AND I GAINED A BIT OF WEIGHT AND I NEVER NEW HOW HARD IT WAS 2 LOOSE TILL I GOT 2 THIS POINT. BUT I HAVE BEEN TRYING MORE LATELY AND I PRAY IT HELPS CAUSE I JUST DONT NO WHAT 2 REALY DO IF IT DONT BUT SEEING YOU MAKE A CHILL IN MY BODY AND I DO HAVE FAITH AND I THINK IF OTHER PPL CAN THEN I CAN! BUT I JUST WANTED 2 SAY YOU ARE OUT~STANDING AND YOU MAKE A DIFFRENCE IN PPL LIVES THANK YOU! ALWAYS MELISSA

67. melissa August 4, 2008 4:38 am

I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD KEEP ME POSTED ON HOW UR DOING? AT PMELISSA10@YAHOO.COM I GOT A MYSPACE AND I WOULD LOVE 2 HEAR OF STORY’S OF PPL THAT HAVE LOST WEIGHT AND HOW THEY DID IT.MELISSA

68. sarah. August 14, 2008 1:59 pm

dude. he looks seriously adorable.

makes me want to get my chunky ass off the couch. if i he can go through that amazing transformation, i can drop a few pounds myself. =]

69. abi August 23, 2008 9:06 pm

Uau!
    I am proud to see what you have done!
    Very motivating!
    WoW!
    U are awesome
    u should had write a journal and now get to publish is would be so fun and interesting to read it!

70. ----- September 26, 2008 5:10 am

disgusting

71. KarrieTamsin November 29, 2008 2:14 am

I set up a ensemble knot of soups that valid extraordinary, and can be made in big batches and frozen.
    Is there any interest?

72. helle December 4, 2008 7:05 pm

hallo you are fantastik…i take my hat off for you

73. Jim January 20, 2009 1:39 pm

I just want to take a moment to say “well done” to you, as many others have done too. You Sir, are an inspiration to many and your determination should be an example to all. I wish you all the very best in your life and your new lifestyle.

Jim,

Scotland

74. y-bloc January 30, 2009 9:34 pm

Your story blows my mind and leaves me speechless! What you’ve done is absolutely brilliant. I’m halfway through getting 50lbs off of me…and to think of the years I spent believing that getting rid of it was a monumental task, nearly impossible…to think of the number of times I failed when I tried and felt I had again proven what a nearly impossible task it was makes me feel like an idiot right now. But you have just inspired me beyond description. What a blast! You are great. And damned good looking too!

75. Socworkepon July 10, 2009 6:17 am

This exercise leave emblazon how simulated observations can be created by rolling dice to give rise to random numbers. The observations you frame in this perturb will be used in all of the subsequent directions simulation exercises. Contemplate about some try out or gage that you sway like to reserve on a society of individuals. You carry on the test and view a unattached numerical vocal score an eye to each person. This score might be the slew of questions the yourself answered correctly or the so so of their ratings on a pin down of approach items, or something like that, depending on what you are tough to measure.

76. algollike July 11, 2009 2:46 am

For a second everything went quiet in the cab, then the driver said, “Look mate, don’t ever do that again. You scared the daylights out of me!”

77. Carrie July 11, 2009 3:52 am

I know the pain you endured and still do even after your weight loss. The physical believe-it-or-not is the easy part. The psychological/emotional pain runs deeper than the scars on your body—they can sometimes stay with us forever…I hope you surround yourself with positive people. Even at the weight of 630lbs, I would have been your friend. It was awesome reading your story. Tell the haters to f— off ;)

78. Pablo Sanchez July 14, 2009 8:40 pm

Not everybody can do this….

79. Luke July 22, 2009 5:38 pm

I to had a major transformation. When i was 20 years old i got addicted to drugs and cigarettes. It got so bad i was smoking 2 packs of cigs a day and 2-3 grams of weed a day. I was also drinking at nite and occasingly doing other drugs. I woke up one day weighing only 130 lbs and sick asa dog and could barely breath. Today im 24 and I completely quit everything bad and routinely bike 50-60 miles a day on my road bike. Its just a testiment that anything is possible if you try hard enough.

80. Mayelin August 21, 2009 1:02 am

Hi David… I wanted to wish you all the very best, u have inspired me to try a lot harder and not give up with exercising/healthy eating .. I watched your show yesterday and i was amaze at your motivation and courage ..
    In the female department i think you will find the right lady will come along when time is right …

Wishing you all the very best keep up the good work ….

Lov Mayelin

81. Jean Fitzgerald September 7, 2009 4:22 am

Dear David
    I want to congratulate you on your extreme weight Loss’ You are amazing’I am so happy for you. keep up the good work I am rooting for you all the way.I know that you will find that someone special.best wishes always’ your sincerley Jean from Ottawa,Canada

82. margohelp September 11, 2009 1:47 am

had recently herpes virus found in my blood. what I haveto do??? I’m in panic…

83. Translators September 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Oh wow! Good job man! Congratulations! You look awesome! You are an inspiration!

84. LaptopAces October 30, 2009 6:39 pm

Thanks! Its realy cool. I think you make realy hard work.

85. KayKate November 21, 2009 5:27 am

Daaaaaammmmmmnnnnnn!!!! He fat az hell!! but @leest he put an effort 2 loosing it, good job i’d say.

86. altbroker November 22, 2009 6:43 am

??????? ;)

87. slide macoy February 10, 2010 7:44 pm

this is to steve June…you half glass empty fool, you should encourage this guy instead of saying i hope you dont gain it back..your an a hole

88. HeskHestotRal December 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Good day everybody
    My name is Ania, i am an 37 years old woman from israel that recently divorce,
    This situation is not very easy to me, my x-husband is using an experienced lawer,
    that is really giving me an hard time.
    luckly for me – i got an sharp lawer of my own that really saved the day.
    if there any women in my position – i say to you that he is the best,
    (you can find him on his home website: [url=http://www.ezflying.com]גירושין[/url] that also contain alot of useful knowledge about weman rights in divorce)
    now the fact that i manage to solve the husband situation is not making me happy yet – i know its a long way..
    but it make things much simple to handle.

89. MC-Ad December 27, 2010 2:40 pm

Wow, great story…may i place this on my site?

Trackbacks